Monday 16 May 2016

Getting back on track

While recovering from my operation last week I found that I had lost my appetite.  Eating on minimal food, which was mostly toast and soup, and the fact that I was still quite swollen, I knew that Thursday weigh day may have been a gain.  A 5lb gain! 

My appetite is back now but I'm finding that I can only eat little amounts.  With this in mind I knew snacky bits were needed.  I spent Saturday and Sunday making mini quiches, a quiche loaf, scotch eggs (recipe from my lovely friend) and soup.

The scotch eggs are to die for, and completely free!  To make you need 4 hard boiled eggs and 6 Linda McCartney Rosemary & Red Onion sausages.  Defrost the sausages and then squash them up.  You need approx. 1 and a 1/2 sausages to one egg.  Spray the wrapped eggs with fry light and bake in the oven.  They're a quick and easy snack to keep in the fridge and packed with protein.

Soup is always a good call, even with the lovely weather we've been having lately!  I had planned on making sprout soup but had a pack of leeks to use up.  I cheat and use a soup maker as it does everything for you.  I put in the leeks, sprouts, ham and a stock pot (a lot more flavoursome than a normal Oxo cube!).  Once it had cooked and pureed I added some extra ham to add a bit of bite.  Was really tasty :-)

Let's hope the scales will be kind to me this week, the swelling has gone down now, so I just need to concentrate on the Food Optimising then all will be good.

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment